When the need to hire a new person emerges, the first thing to do is define your ideal candidate. Set up an intake meeting with the hiring manager or client to specify their requirements.
- Agency recruiters receive a candidate search request from a client.
- In-house recruiters become aware of a new role or internal vacancy that has been approved by the HR department or talent acquisition team.
Work with the hiring manager or client to determine the following:
- Job description: These are the day-to-day duties that must be performed in the role
- Job title: Decide on the position title to find people with the right experience
- Seniority: Determine the level of experience required to perform the role
- Tech Skills: Build a profile of the technologies the hire would have to use in the role
- Goals: Figure out what this new hire has to achieve within the first 30, 60, and 90 days in the role
- Salary: Decide on a fair and competitive compensation package for the role
- Key qualities and soft skills: Understand the characteristics, temperament, and soft skills needed to execute the role
Time to hire: Understand the urgency needed in filling the role and the time needed for onboarding
“I’m finding more aligned candidates here (ZoomInfo TalentOS), as opposed to LinkedIn Recruiter. LinkedIn Recruiter will pull in other folks that look like a fit … but on ZoomInfo TalentOS, I find a lot more of the specific roles I’m looking for.”Alex Martinez, Amazon Recruiter