Chatbots are becoming standard features for B2B websites, and for good reason: they help marketing teams roll out a seamless and personalized experience for web visitors who increasingly expect real-time help.
Simply installing a chatbot, however, won’t deliver results. To get the most out of a chatbot, you’ll need data that can deliver personalized engagement and accurate analytics to measure what matters.
Personalize conversations with chat
Successful chatbot tools have natural-seeming conversations with your website visitors as soon as they arrive. But delivering this type of red-carpet welcome requires applying information about each website visitor to tailor their experience.
To achieve this level of interaction, your chat tool should have a company-matching algorithm built in. This algorithm will quickly and accurately pinpoint the company IP address a visitor is coming from, and enrich that record with new contact information using the visitor’s email address.
The chatbot then uses this information to customize the visitor’s conversation and track which experiences are performing best with them, moving that prospect into the fast lane.
Synup’s sales and marketing teams wanted to improve website conversions. They deployed automated dynamic chat interactions based on who was visiting their site and how those visitors were engaging with the pages. This generated a tenfold increase in website conversions.
Collect and use data from your chatbot to customize the entire customer journey
When a conversation happens on your website, a chatbot collects that raw data, structures it and channels it into your database, which helps route leads to the right teams.
For example, with reliable B2B data, a chatbot conversation can be assigned to the appropriate sales team based on location, industry, and specialization, or through using advanced attributes like a company’s technology sophistication level.
How to measure the effectiveness of your chatbot
Key performance indicators will help you to assess how your chat tool is doing and what can be improved as well as fine-tune your conversational marketing strategy.
Chatbot metrics to monitor:
- Chatbot-Visitor Engaged Rate: The number of times a visitor clicked on the bot and engaged with the AI-powered conversation, based on chat widget and greeting message clicks.
- Human-First Conversation Rate: Analyzes the number of conversations that are routed to a live agent, rather than being handled through chatbot auto responses. Measured by conversation routing and connection data.
- Visitor Conversion Rate: Measures the percentage of prospects that were converted from chatbot conversations into active leads or customers, Includes meetings booked and demos scheduled.
- Website Visitor Bounce Rate: The number of visitors that leave your website without interacting with your bot or entering any contact information.
- Customer Satisfaction Rate: Uses a feedback score to measure how satisfied a customer is with their chatbot conversations.
ChurnZero uses A/B testing capabilities in their chatbot to surface which conversations are generating the best results. “This allows us to optimize the visitor experience, to ensure we are doing everything in our power to drive engagement.” See how ChurnZero increased engagement by 30%.
Trigger tailored conversations at scale with ZoomInfo Chat
Chatbots can offer a helping hand when visitors land on your website, serving as a great first impression for your brand. But to deliver a personalized chatbot experience, you need reliable business data integrated directly into the tools you use every day. With ZoomInfo Chat, you can create highly scalable, personalized AI-driven nurture experiences that get primed-to-buy leads closer to the finish line.