If a company generates hundreds or thousands of leads per month, trying to determine which leads are high quality and how to route them can be time-consuming, especially if you rely too much on “gut feel.”
Instead, use a lead-scoring algorithm that analyzes win rates against data points from ideal customer profiles (ICPs). For example, imagine you have 100 qualified leads from a product webinar. Historically, your strongest win rates come from mid-sized companies in manufacturing, with at least 500 employees, use Salesforce, and own at least five trucks. Use these five attributes to create a lead-scoring algorithm to rank the webinar leads. Now you can route the highest-quality leads to your top-performing account reps while automating interaction with the lower-quality leads.
• A lead or demo comes in that needs to be scored
• Sales leaders need to know where to route leads
- Develop lead scoring algorithms based on ICP attributes and technographics
- Route the highest-quality leads to top AEs
- Send low-scoring leads to outbound demand generation campaigns
“In a way that’s as automated as possible, I want to get my best people on the best leads, and the scoring model tells me which leads are best.”Chris Hays, Chief Revenue Officer at ZoomInfo